Dear Patients, Colleagues, and Neighbors,
During this difficult time, we want to reassure you that we are taking every possible precaution to safeguard your health and well-being. Our offices have all been successfully re-opened and we have been providing complete service utilizing recommended volume reductions, social distancing, and enhanced cleaning and safety precautions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at any time and we will be happy to discuss this with you personally.
The doctors and staff of Chicago Cornea Consultants, Ltd.
Information About Your Upcoming Appointment
If you can answer yes to any of these conditions listed below in the last two weeks, please reschedule your appointment or ask if you can be assisted via a tele-medicine visit. DO NOT come to the office unless authorized by one of our staff.
Do you have any of the following:
- Fever or chills (temperature over 100.4)
- Cough, congestion, runny nose, or sore throat
- Headache, body ache, or muscle ache
- Shortness of breath, fatigue, or difficulty breathing
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Loss of smell and taste
- Illness in household or exposure to COVID
- International travel within the last two weeks.
- Local travel as per the latest City of Chicago/Cook County advisory
PATIENT and STAFF SAFETY
- Please have just one person bring you to your appointment. If possible, your companion should wait in the car.
- Only patients (NO VISITORS) are permitted in the exam room unless assistance is required.
- Masks are required to be warn during the entire visit
- Doctors and staff will be wearing masks. There are protective face shields on our exam equipment. All staff and patients will be screened daily to make certain they are in good health and without fever.
- Sanitized exam lanes and equipment have always been our practice. Based on the CDC’s latest recommendations, we have added extra precautions and additional steps specific to this pandemic.
MINIMIZING WAIT TIME AND MAXIMIZING SOCIAL DISTANCE
Our waiting areas are rearranged to promote social distancing. If you feel more comfortable waiting in your car or in the building lobby, our receptionist can call you on your mobile phone when the doctor is ready to see you, if you so request.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
If you have an appointment within the next month, AND HAVE NOT ALREADY HEARD FROM US, please let us know if you need to reschedule. The most efficient way to do this is to send us a message by clicking here. If you do not have a “My Online Clinic” account, you can create one by clicking here. If you need to call (847-432-6010) please feel free to leave a voicemail message. We are eager to continue to be able to provide the highest level of care for our patients, safely and efficiently. If you have had surgery cancelled, we will contact you regarding rescheduling it.