COVID-19 UPDATE 7/22/2021
In response to rising positive cases of COVID 19 rates, three additional states and the US Virgin Islands have been added to Chicago’s Emergency Travel Order.
For the safety & well-being of our patients, providers & staff, CCC is requiring anyone who is unvaccinated and has traveled: Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada and/or the US Virgin Islands to quarantine for 10 days upon arrival to Chicago. **This includes any visitors**
- With the rise in Delta variant cases, it is important for those who are unvaccinated to continue to mask, wash hands and socially distance.
- Anyone VACCINATED or unvaccinated who is experiencing any symptoms of COVID (including usual cold or allergy symptoms) must call and speak to one of our techs prior to coming in for their appointment.
- Anyone unvaccinated who has been exposed to someone who is COVID+ must call and speak to a tech prior to coming in for their appointment.
- Visitors are not allowed except that one person may accompany a patient who needs assistance, or if the patient is a child
The City of Chicago updates the travel guidelines every other week. Updates can be found here for further clarification: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
Dear Patients, Colleagues, and Neighbors,
During this difficult time, we want to reassure you that we are taking every possible precaution to safeguard your health and well-being. Our offices have all been successfully re-opened and we have been providing complete service utilizing recommended volume reductions, social distancing, and enhanced cleaning and safety precautions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at any time and we will be happy to discuss this with you personally.
The doctors and staff of Chicago Cornea Consultants, Ltd.
Information About Your Upcoming Appointment
If you can answer yes to any of these conditions listed below in the last two weeks, please reschedule your appointment or ask if you can be assisted via a tele-medicine visit. DO NOT come to the office unless authorized by one of our staff.
Do you have any of the following:
- Fever or chills (temperature over 100.4)
- Cough, congestion, runny nose, or sore throat
- Headache, body ache, or muscle ache
- Shortness of breath, fatigue, or difficulty breathing
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Loss of smell and taste
- Illness in household or exposure to COVID
- International travel within the last two weeks.
- Local travel as per the latest City of Chicago/Cook County advisory
PATIENT and STAFF SAFETY
- Please have just one person bring you to your appointment. If possible, your companion should wait in the car.
- Only patients (NO VISITORS) are permitted in the exam room unless assistance is required.
- Masks are required to be warn during the entire visit
- Doctors and staff will be wearing masks. There are protective face shields on our exam equipment. All staff and patients will be screened daily to make certain they are in good health and without fever.
- Sanitized exam lanes and equipment have always been our practice. Based on the CDC’s latest recommendations, we have added extra precautions and additional steps specific to this pandemic.
MINIMIZING WAIT TIME AND MAXIMIZING SOCIAL DISTANCE
Our waiting areas are rearranged to promote social distancing. If you feel more comfortable waiting in your car or in the building lobby, our receptionist can call you on your mobile phone when the doctor is ready to see you, if you so request.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
If you have an appointment within the next month, AND HAVE NOT ALREADY HEARD FROM US, please let us know if you need to reschedule. The most efficient way to do this is to send us a message by clicking here. If you do not have a “My Online Clinic” account, you can create one by clicking here. If you need to call (847-432-6010) please feel free to leave a voicemail message. We are eager to continue to be able to provide the highest level of care for our patients, safely and efficiently. If you have had surgery cancelled, we will contact you regarding rescheduling it.