LASIK eye surgery appeals to many patients because of its high success rate and its long-lasting benefits. However, many of our patients have questions about the cost of LASIK before deciding to undergo the procedure. Our Chicago area practices can help you understand what influences the final cost of LASIK. If you have any questions about LASIK eye surgery, please contact us today in Chicago, Highland Park or Hoffman Estates to schedule a consultation.
How Much Does LASIK Cost?
Every patient’s needs are different, and no two LASIK surgeries are alike. As a result, the price of the procedure varies.
Factors that can influence the cost of LASIK include:
- The type of LASIK that is performed
- The technology used during the procedure
- The experience of the surgeon
The only way to accurately determine the cost of LASIK eye surgery is to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors to discuss your unique vision needs and choose the most appropriate treatment options. Contact us today in Chicago, Highland Park or Hoffman Estates to learn more.
Does Insurance Cover LASIK Surgery?
LASIK surgery is considered an elective surgery that is not generally covered by insurance plans. However, that does not mean that LASIK cannot be affordable. There are several options available for financing the cost of LASIK.
Some popular financing options include:
- Flexible Spending Accounts: (FSA’s) are offered by many employers to help cover the costs of medical expenses, including LASIK surgery. FSA’s may allow you to set aside a pre-determined amount of money from an your paycheck. This money, which is not taxed, is then available to cover the cost of many medical procedures.
- Medical loan or credit card: There are many companies that offer financing for elective medical procedures such as LASIK. We work directly with CareCredit to help our patients secure affordable financing for LASIK and other vision procedures.
With these financing options and others, the cost of LASIK can fit comfortably within most patient’s budgets.
Benefits of LASIK
LASIK surgery cost may seem like a significant expense initially. However, it is important to consider the long-term benefits that LASIK provides. The most obvious benefit is vision correction, and the ability to see the world around you using your own eyes. This benefit can actually save you money over time. LASIK surgery can free patients from the long-term financial obligations associated with eyeglasses and contact lenses. Imagine no longer needing to pay for contact solutions, eyeglass repair, or new lenses that come with prescription upgrades. Over time, these expenses cost more than LASIK eye surgery.
Learn More About the Cost of LASIK
We invite you to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced LASIK surgeons in Chicago, Highland Park or Hoffman Estates to gain a better understanding of the cost of your unique procedure. We will examine your eyes to determine your needs, and discuss the most appropriate techniques and technology to meet these needs. Long-term vision correction may be more affordable than you think.
Financing With CareCredit®
CareCredit® is a payment plan that fits your individual needs and financial circumstances. If you’ve been putting off having an ophthalmic procedure due to budget constraints, CareCredit® can help. Click here or call our office for details.